Tools to Support Your Campaign Efforts
With the current level of uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 crisis, credit unions are finding new ways to support the causes they believe in. Here are some guidelines and tools to help you get started:
1. Define the Basics
2. Choose a Type of Virtual Fundraiser
The type of fundraiser determines what type of tools you need. Here are some examples:
- Endurance Event - Any event that includes a physical component and involves fundraisers asking for pledges to their physical challenge. Some examples could include a virtual dance marathon, virtual 5k, virtual golf tournament or something new!
- Party/Gala/Cocktail Party - Any event that is a celebration without an auction component and includes a program that informs and entertains your guests.
- Game Night - An event that includes a game component – a board game or online game with a fundraising component.
- Auction - An event that includes a virtual/live/online auction fundraiser.
- Concert – An event that includes a live or pre-recorded musical component.
3. Include Legal Guidelines for Fundraisers
Be sure to research any legal local/state/federal guidelines when planning your event to ensure your efforts pay off and that CMN Hospitals can accept all the funds you raise. If planning a live event, make sure to follow the most current local and state advice.
There are many ways to get the word out about your fundraisers, including:
When possible, create pre- and post-elements such as emails, print mail pieces and follow-up surveys to keep your audience informed and solicit feedback. Personalize communications if possible.
There are many different tools available to help you host a virtual event, engage with your supporters and collect donations. Here are some platforms and best practices to consider:
Livestreaming - Livestreaming is the act of recording and broadcasting video simultaneously, without pre-production. Many video software and social media platforms allow for livestreamed video. If you are considering livestreaming for your virtual event, here are some platforms:
- Facebook Live
- Microsoft Teams
- YouTube Live
Frontstream Fundraising Platform - CMN Hospitals has partnered with Frontstream to provide a variety of online fundraising tools, such as auction sites, co-branded giving pages, employee giving through credit card or payroll deduction, office competitions, and more. All resources are easy to use and free to credit unions. For details contact Nick Coleman, Director, Corporate Partnerships at CMN Hospitals at email@example.com.
See What Others are Doing!
To help jumpstart your campaign, we have gathered a collection of articles on fundraising in this new era of physical distancing.
Virtual Fundraising: The Complete Guide for 2021 & Beyond
Virtual Fundraising Best Practices And 10 Fundraising Ideas
Virtual Fundraising Events: Top Tips and Ideas for Success
6 POWERFUL WAYS TO MARKET YOUR FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR FREE
40+ Virtual Fundraising Ideas - updated Winter 2020
How to Host a Livestream for Virtual Fundraising Campaigns
Livestream Fundraising: What It Is and How to Do It
We’d Love to Hear from You
Did you have a successful virtual event or online auction? Care to share some tips? Let us know at Marketing@coop.org and we may post it on our social channels.